This easy sheet pan sausage breakfast recipe is a healthy meal prep recipe that’s only 5 ingredients! The breakfast sausage is paired with seasoned potatoes and peppers all on one pan, put into the oven and ready to go with very little hands-on time. It’s also great for a weeknight dinner for a simple vegetable and protein meal. This is a quick Whole30, paleo, gluten-free and egg-free breakfast recipe the whole family will enjoy!
Sausage & Vegetables Whole30 Sheet Pan Ingredients
This breakfast recipe is incredibly simple to make, which makes the ingredients really simple, too! You’ll need 1 pound of baby blonde potatoes, 1 pound of mini peppers (these come in a bag at almost all grocery stores), 1 pound of ground sausage, a bit of olive oil, parsley, salt, dried chives and garlic powder.
I get my bulk spices and oils from online Thrive Market for a discount, but all ingredients in this recipe are widely availabe in major grocery stores like Target, Walmart, Fresh Thyme and Trader Joe’s (click the links for my grocery guides to each store!).
How to Make This Sheet Pan Sausage, Potatoes & Peppers Breakfast
To make this easy Whole30 breakfast recipe, you’ll first want to preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and prep your vegetables. Do this by dicing the potatoes fairly small and in about the same size. It’s important to make them roughly equal in size so they roast evenly. You’ll want to remove the stems and seeds of the mini peppers and slice those as well, along with chopping the parsley. Then place the chopped vegetables on a large sheet pan.
Then, add the oil, and all of the spices, onto the sheet pan over the vegetables. Toss everything together really well to coat the potatoes and peppers in the oil and seasonings. Make sure the vegetables are spread out on the sheet pan in one even layer.
Next, you’ll take your ground sausage and pinch off little pieces that are about 1 tablespoon in size. Place each piece onto the sheet pan nestled between the vegetables. Continue doing this until all of the dollops of sausage are on the sheet pan. Then, put the sheet pan into the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are roasted and the sausage is cooked through.
The baking time may vary by a few minutes, depending on how large or small you diced your potatoes. A larger dice may need more time. Once done, serve this Whole30 breakfast with eggs, or avocado/guacamole.
Where to Find Sugar-Free Sausage
Sugar-free sausage is becoming easier and easier to find in local stores. This guide to Whole30 Compliant Sausage Options will help you locate different types of sausages and different stores. If that is not an option for you, my favorite Whole30 Approved ground breakfast sausage is from Pederson’s, which can be ordered on The Simple Grocer to be delivered.
Substitutions and Storing
Some substitutions you can make with this sausage sheet pan recipe are using different potatoes instead of baby blondes. I prefer those in this because of their buttery texture and how they roast, but red potatoes would work well, too. You can also swap out the herbs for your preferences. For example, if you were making it for dinner instead, you may want to use thyme and rosemary instead of chives and parsley.
You can also use a different form of sausage here if you’d like as well, such as kielbasa. Depending on which type you use, most kielbasas are already precooked, and in that case, I would add the sliced kielbasa halfway through the baking time. You could also use ground italian sausage, or chorizo.
This recipe will be good in the refrigerator for up to 5 days when stored in an air-tight container.
Other Whole30 Sausage Breakfast Recipes:Print
- 1 lb mini peppers, stem and seeds removed and then thinly sliced
- 1 lb baby blonde potatoes (or red potatoes), diced
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (or your favorite ground sausage)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a large sheet pan, add the diced potatoes, sliced peppers, oil, parsley and spices. Toss well to evenly coat the vegetables with the oil and spices. Spread the vegetables out in one layer and so they’re not too crowded
- Pinch off pieces of the ground sausage in about 1 tablespoon dollops and place them on the sheet pan with the vegetables. You may need to rearrange the vegetables as you do this to make room for the sausage
- Place the sheet pan into the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are roasted and the sausage is cooked through. This may differ by a few minutes based on how large you diced the potatoes
- Add any additional salt, or parsley to garnish, and serve or place into meal prep containers
- If meal prepping, you can add two hardboiled eggs to the container to add eggs to your breakfasts easily during the week
Keywords: Whole30, egg-free, Whole30 Pork Recipes, Gluten-Free, Sheet Pan Breakfast, Meal Prep Breakfast Recipes
This Whole30 sausage, potatoes & peppers sheet pan breakfast post contains affiliate links, though all products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.