Sheet pan Paleo meals are my favorite weeknight dinners. This Whole30 sheet pan fish fajitas recipe is quick and easy, taking under 30 minutes. Made with delicious seasoned cod that you can serve it over cauliflower rice, in taco salads, or burrito bowls. Whole30 sheet pan meals put dinner on the table without any extra clean up!
While you could use any white fish for this Whole30 sheet pan fish fajitas recipe, I highly recommend using cod. It cooks quickly, absorbs the flavors of the seasonings nicely and comes out of the oven perfectly flakey. Other fish options you could substitute would be mahi-mahi, snapper, even salmon!
Living in Minnesota (except for lakes, we’re pretty much the definition of land-locked), it’s hard to get fresh seafood. I have pretty high standards after doing so much researching on the fishing industry, so as much as budget allows I try to not purchase farmed or imported fish as much as possible. 90% of the seafood we eat in the U.S. is imported, mislabeled, and full of antibiotics from being farm-raised fish, and supermarkets don’t offer much in terms of wild-caught fresh fish. I always get excited when I see some at the fish monger!
Once you’ve got your cod, you only need a few fresh veggies to season with spices you already have in the kitchen. It’s one of my favorites to make because it only takes a half hour to put dinner on the table, and the fish is light and perfect for spring. Like I mentioned above, you can serve the Whole30 sheet pan fish fajitas over cauliflower rice, in lettuce cups, or in burrito bowls.
The variety of ways I can eat this paleo fish recipe makes it an ideal one for my meal prep. I can have it a few different ways throughout the week if I decide not to share with the family. Whether for meal prep, or a quick weeknight dinner, the sheet pan recipe makes clean up as easy as possible. Which is the way I like it.
Related Posts You May Like:Print
- 1 pound cod, cut into 2” pieces or strips
- 3 bell peppers, any color, sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 1 lime, juiced (about 4 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional toppings and garnish: cilantro, green onion, avocado, guacamole, pico
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with tin foil
- In a medium bowl, mix together dried seasonings and set aside
- Place onions and peppers onto sheet pan and drizzle 2 tablespoons oil, minced garlic and juice from 1/2 of the lime
- Use hands to mix together on the sheet pan, evenly coating with oil, garlic and lime juice
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the seasoning mixture over veggies on the sheet pan
- Use hands to evenly coat veggies with seasoning mixture and spread out evenly on the sheet pan
- Place into the oven and bake for 12 minutes
- While veggies are baking, place cod pieces into the bowl with the remaining seasoning mixture
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and juice of remaining 1/2 lime
- Use hands to evenly coat fish with seasonings, oil, and lime. Rub seasoning into the fish well
- Remove sheet pan from the oven, stir veggies and place fish onto the sheet pan
- Put back into the oven and bake an additional 10-12 minutes until fish easily flakes with a fork
- Remove from oven, serve over cauliflower rice or tacos and enjoy!
This post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.