I’ve been utilizing one pot meals lately. I’m a fan of not spending a ton of time cooking and getting a delicious comfort meal out of it, too. This one pot creamy chicken and veggies is full of flavor, loaded with nutrients and won’t take you 5 hours to make.
Of course I threw bacon in it, because… bacon. I also added the fresh veggies I had on hand that I picked up from the farmer’s market. Please don’t run out and buy exactly what I used here! If you have zucchini but no green beans, use that instead! When I make this dish, I honestly just use the bones of the recipe as a base and plop in whatever I’m feelin’ that night.
My idea of “one pot meals” mean that they’re EASY and fast. In my house they’re usually unplanned and not something I have to run out to the store to go get! Another reason why I always keep cans of coconut milk and other staples around.
Other One Dish Meals:
Chorizo and Butternut Squash Chili
This recipe does call for coconut milk. If you’re not a huge coconut fan, don’t worry! I swear you can hardly taste it after the bacon, veggies, seasoning and red wine vinegar is mixed in. It just creates a perfect creamy consistency without a super overpowering coconut flavor.
If you don’t have red wine vinegar you can totally use white wine. If you’re doing a Whole30, both red and white vinegars are approved so you’re A-OK there. I used a little more than 1/2 a can of coconut milk but if you like it more or less creamy, use a little more or a little less coconut milk! It’s easily customizable to your preferences.
This healthy creamy chicken is seriously so good. I’m not just saying that because I made it either. My boyfriend loves it and we finish off the pan to ourselves. He keeps telling me to double the recipe… which is what I always tell you guys to do so maybe next time I’ll take my own advice!Print
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! And be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
One Pan Creamy Chicken and Veggies: Dairy-Free, Low-Carb, Paleo and Whole30!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2-3 1x
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 1” pieces
- 5 slices of bacon (I used Pederson’s Farms no sugar bacon)
- 1/2 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced white onions
- 1 cup green beans, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook bacon slices
- Remove bacon and set aside
- Remove bacon fat from pan, leaving 1-2 tablespoons
- Add in white onion and let cook for 1-2 minutes
- When onion becomes translucent, add in chicken
- Allow chicken to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Once chicken is about halfway cooked, add in green beans and mushrooms
- Let cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Pour in coconut milk, bacon, spices and balsamic vinegar and stir
- Bring the pot to a slow simmer
- Let cook for an additional 10 minutes or until chicken and veggies are cooked thoroughly
- In the last two minutes of cooking, stir in spinach leaves to wilt. Remove from heat once wilted and well combined into the skillet.
- Note: If the liquid is too thin still, add in 1 tablespoon tapioca flour and whisk into the liquid and allow to simmer an additional 5 minutes
This post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.
Reader Reviews & Comments
Trevor W. Hoit says
Doubled it and barely fit in my 14″ skillet! Very tasty. I seasoned it a little more to my taste. Added extra spinach since it cooks down so much. Served it over cauliflower rice. Not too hard to make for novice cook like me.
This has got to be the BEST dish ever!!! And I cook frequently. If you’re trying this for the first time, you will not be disappointed. I plan to use maybe 1/8 tsp salt next time since the bacon has salt, but that might just be personal preference. This dish is great! Thank you for sharing!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you so much for giving it a try, and taking the time to come back and leave a review. I really appreciate it!
Yummy! I added potatoes and a few cherry tomatoes and doubled the spinach. Didn’t have wine/vinegar so I added chicken broth. Turned out creamy and delicious.
Kharla Houston says
I think I see a leafy green in the picture but nothing mentioned in the recipe/ingredients. I am a disaster in the kitchen without specific instructions. I have no instinct for cooking. Is there spinach in the dish? If so, when would it be added?
Oh! You are exactly right. I forgot to add the 1 cup of spinach. I’m so sorry about that – It’s been updated now! Please let me know if you have any more questions!
Hey there! I am going to make this recipe today, it looks amazing! Just one question, in step 9 it states “Pour in coconut milk, bacon, spices and balsamic vinegar and stir”, however, red wine vinegar is the only vinegar in the ingredient list. I assume we should be using red wine vinegar, not balsamic? Thanks and I’m really enjoying your recipes/blog/podcast 🙂
Hey Hayley! Yes that’s correct – red wine vinegar. Sorry about that mistake, but thanks for catching it! I’ll get it edited 🙂