I’ve been utilizing one pot meals lately. I’m a fan of not spending a ton of time cooking and getting a delicious comfort meal out of it, too. This one pot creamy chicken and veggies is full of flavor, loaded with nutrients and won’t take you 5 hours to make.
Of course I threw bacon in it, because… bacon. I also added the fresh veggies I had on hand that I picked up from the farmer’s market. Please don’t run out and buy exactly what I used here! If you have zucchini but no green beans, use that instead! When I make this dish, I honestly just use the bones of the recipe as a base and plop in whatever I’m feelin’ that night.
My idea of “one pot meals” mean that they’re EASY and fast. In my house they’re usually unplanned and not something I have to run out to the store to go get! Another reason why I always keep cans of coconut milk and other staples around.
Other One Dish Meals:
This recipe does call for coconut milk. If you’re not a huge coconut fan, don’t worry! I swear you can hardly taste it after the bacon, veggies, seasoning and red wine vinegar is mixed in. It just creates a perfect creamy consistency without a super overpowering coconut flavor.
If you don’t have red wine vinegar you can totally use white wine. If you’re doing a Whole30, both red and white vinegars are approved so you’re A-OK there. I used a little more than 1/2 a can of coconut milk but if you like it more or less creamy, use a little more or a little less coconut milk! It’s easily customizable to your preferences.
This healthy creamy chicken is seriously so good. I’m not just saying that because I made it either. My boyfriend loves it and we finish off the pan to ourselves. He keeps telling me to double the recipe… which is what I always tell you guys to do so maybe next time I’ll take my own advice!Print
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 1″ pieces
- 5 slices of bacon (I used Pederson’s Farms no sugar bacon)
- 1/2 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced white onions
- 1 cup green beans, cut in bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook bacon slices
- Remove bacon and set aside
- Remove bacon fat from pan, leaving 1-2 tablespoons
- Add in white onion and let cook for 1-2 minutes
- When onion becomes translucent, add in chicken
- Allow chicken to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Once chicken is about halfway cooked, add in green beans and mushrooms
- Let cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Pour in coconut milk, bacon, spices and balsamic vinegar and stir
- Bring the pot to a slow simmer
- Let cook for an additional 10 minutes or until chicken and veggies are cooked thoroughly
- Note: If the liquid is too thin still, add in 1 tablespoon tapioca flour and whisk into the liquid and allow to simmer an additional 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
This post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.