Quick Whole30 and Paleo instant pot taco meat that you can make in less than 20 minutes. Perfect for a low carb lunch, easy Whole30 dinner or Paleo meal prep! This is my favorite freezer friendly protein to keep on hand, or to serve at the next family gathering. It’s easy to double the recipe in the Instant Pot and make a huge batch!
I love my instant pot. The fact that I can make bulk taco meat in it just adds to the love affair I have going on with it. I don’t get annoyingly excited about a lot of things but this contraption is one that’s worth it. It’s saved me more time in just the last few weeks than I can even count. Cheryl, if you’re reading this, bless you. Anyway, enough chit chat.
I made instant pot taco meat the other day and had the protein for my taco salads taken care of so quickly and so easily. I didn’t have to mess with it while it cooked and I was able to chop up and prepare the veggies that would accompany the meat in the time it took to cook. Lunches or dinners for the WHOLE WEEK were done. Just. Like. That.
Honestly, I have no idea how it works as amazingly as it does.
I’ve done this taco meat in my instant pot a bunch of times now. I’ve learned you can remove the meat and drain the excess liquid prior to adding the seasonings, or leave in on sauté for a bit to let the excess liquid steam off. Both work! Just depend on how much time you have. Letting it just steam off before adding the seasoning and closing the lid just leaves you with one less dish to wash by not straining it out.
Super simple, per usual! This meat freezes great so keep it in mind if you want to throw half of the instant pot taco meat in the freezer! Can you guys tell I’m a huge freezer freak yet? You can also double the recipe really easily if you want to make a larger batch!
Other Recipes You’ll Love:Print
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Cilantro to garnish
- Set your instant pot to “sauté mode”
- Add oil, making sure the entire bottom of the instant pot is covered
- Add garlic, diced onion and ground beef
- Break up meat and stir occasionally until it starts to brown
- There will be excess water/grease from the meat, simply remove to drain or leave it sit on sauté mode for 5 minutes and allow the excess liquid to evaporate off
- Then add the rest of the seasonings, stir to combine and cover
- Set the instant pot to “meat” mode for 12 minutes on sealing
- *If making on the stovetop, simply add oil, onions and meat to a large skillet, brown halfway and drain excess liquid. Add in seasoning and finish browning!
- You can also set it to manual high pressure for 12 minutes as well
This post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.