These paleo and Whole30 air fryer coconut shrimp are a healthy, gluten-free and keto alternative compared to deep frying a similar coconut shrimp recipe. With just a few simple ingredients and in less than 15 minutes you’ll have yourself a family friendly and healthy recipe everyone will love, but no one says you have to share!
Like I mentioned, there are very minimal ingredients that go into making these low carb, Whole30 and paleo coconut shrimp just as tasty as they are healthy. An air fryer, frozen or fresh shrimp, a handful of spices mixed into your shredded coconut, and eggs are all you need! You can grab shredded coconut from major grocers like Target, Walmart, Amazon or for a discount at Thrive Market.
You’ll start by unthawing or washing your shrimp, and keeping the tails on for better dipping leverage! From there just cover them in an egg wash and coat them in your coconut and spice mixture. Into the air fryer they go, my friends! This couldn’t be an easier recipe.
While making these Whole30 air fryer coconut shrimp it’s important to remember to set the battered shrimp in a single layer in your air fryer. Set your air fryer to 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes to cook the first batch, then begin prepping your next batch of shrimp to save on time. This recipe makes about 2 batches of shrimp that all come out deliciously cooked.
These air fryer shrimp are already bursting with flavor from the coconut and added spices but by pairing them with some of our favorite Whole30 Approved and Paleo sauces you’ll be taking your taste buds to the next level. We used a cocktail sauce and a Whole30 Approved Pineapple Thai sauce (their Tangy Mango is also very good!) which was the perfect balance of classic and tangy zest for our paleo air fryer shrimp, but feel free to use whatever sauces that get you excited!
If you’re looking to make a meal out of these coconut shrimp whip up batch of Whole30 and Paleo tropical coconut flavored cauliflower rice for your shrimp to go on top of.
Other Whole30 Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:Print
- 1/2 lb tail-on large shrimp
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place the shredded coconut into a bowl and mix in the garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and salt, and then beat the egg in a different bowl. Place the bowls next to each other.
- Use a cooking spray oil to coat the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Next, place a shrimp into the bowl with the beaten egg and coat it completely. Transfer it to the bowl with the shredded coconut and coat completely. Immediately place the coconut shrimp into the air fryer basket.
- Repeat step 3 until the air fryer basket is full in one layer with the shrimp. Shrimp can be slightly touching, but don’t pack them in super tightly. You will need to cook them in 2 batches.
- Cook on 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes.
- While the first batch cooks, repeat the process with the second batch, put place on a plate once each shrimp has been coated.
- When the air fryer is done, use tongs to carefully remove each shrimp. To easily remove, slip one side of the tongs under the coconut shrimp first before pulling up and removing.
- Place on a plate or serving platter, and then add the second batch of shrimp and repeat cooking for 10 minutes.
- Serve with cocktail sauce or Pineapple Thai sauce
Keywords: whole30, whole30 air fryer recipes, whole30 coconut shrimp, paleo, paleo air fryer recipes, keto coconut shrimp, keto air fryer recipes, air fryer coconut shrimp
This Whole30, Keto and Paleo Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.