- 1/2 lb tail-on large shrimp
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place the shredded coconut into a bowl and mix in the garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and salt, and then beat the egg in a different bowl. Place the bowls next to each other.
- Use a cooking spray oil to coat the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Next, place a shrimp into the bowl with the beaten egg and coat it completely. Transfer it to the bowl with the shredded coconut and coat completely. Immediately place the coconut shrimp into the air fryer basket.
- Repeat step 3 until the air fryer basket is full in one layer with the shrimp. Shrimp can be slightly touching, but don’t pack them in super tightly. You will need to cook them in 2 batches.
- Cook on 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes.
- While the first batch cooks, repeat the process with the second batch, put place on a plate once each shrimp has been coated.
- When the air fryer is done, use tongs to carefully remove each shrimp. To easily remove, slip one side of the tongs under the coconut shrimp first before pulling up and removing.
- Place on a plate or serving platter, and then add the second batch of shrimp and repeat cooking for 10 minutes.
- Serve with cocktail sauce or Pineapple Thai sauce