Healthy, low carb air fryer buffalo wings in 20 minutes! This paleo and keto air fryer chicken wing recipe is Whole30 too. Even better, it doesn’t leave you any dishes to wash! It’s a easy family friendly option that you can make in the oven too. Just incase you haven’t hopped on that air fryer train yet.
There’s no extra oil added, no off limits ingredients need to be used unless you incorporate them. However, because I know we don’t all have an air fryer for these buffalo wings, I’m including oven instructions as well!
If you’re new to air frying, don’t worry. It’s really so simple to use! I’m just getting the hang of how to work my air fryer but I already love it so much! Just set the time and temperature and that’s it. It makes cooking and cleaning really simple. If you don’t have an air fryer, it might be to hop on the bandwagon.
You’ll need ghee to make your own buffalo sauce that’s Paleo and Whole30 for the air fryer buffalo wings. If you’re not feeling buffalo sauce for these air fryer buffalo wings, toss them with whatever sauce you’re in the mood for. I had just made a fresh batch of my Whole30 BBQ sauce if you’re more of a BBQ fan. Any dressing or sauce you’ve got would work!
Some of my favorites that I don’t have to make myself are from Tessemae’s. If you’re having a hard time finding Whole30 dressings and Paleo sauces, or an affordable ghee, make sure to check out Thrive Market! Some other great options are from Primal Kitchen. Chicken Caesar wings with their sauce are a staple at my house.
Alright now get yourself some ranch to dip these Whole30 air fryer buffalo wings into, some extra napkins, and have yourself a totally Paleo, totally low carb wing night!
OTHER WING RECIPES YOU’LL MAKE OVER AND OVER:Print
To Make in the Air Fryer:
- Set the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Season chicken wings with salt and pepper and place into the air fryer basket
- Cook the wings for 20 minutes, flipping with tongs after 10 minutes
- When time is up, flip one last time and increase the temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Cook an additional 8 minutes until skin is crispy and golden
- When there’s about a minute left on the timer, heat hot sauce and ghee in a small dish in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until ghee is melted
- Stir together to combine
- Remove wings from air fryer and place in a bowl or serving dish
- Toss with buffalo sauce and enjoy!
To Make in the Oven:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, evenly coat chicken wings with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Lay out evenly on a baking sheet in a single layer, leaving space between each wing
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip and bake for another 15 minutes
- A few minutes before they’re done, heat hot sauce and ghee in the microwave for 4 seconds until ghee is melted and combine together
- Remove wings from the oven. With tongs, coat the wings in the buffalo sauce mixture and set back onto the baking sheet
- Place back into the oven for 5-10 minutes until wings are crispy
- Remove and top with the remaining buffalo sauce
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
For oven method- for extra crispy wings, bake on an oven safe baking/cooling rack placed on top of a baking sheet to allow the fat from wings to drip onto the baking sheet
This paleo air fryer buffalo wings post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.