This paleo and Whole30 instant pot pepper beef is a quick and easy weeknight meal that’s also keto, gluten free and under 30 minutes. Whole30 instant pot recipes like this pepper beef are also great for meal prepping. It’s like a simplified version of a beef stir fry but all contained in one pot and with very little hands on time!
Whole30 Instant Pot Pepper Beef Ingredients:
This recipe really couldn’t get any more simple. It only requires a handful of ingredients, many of which are pantry staples for a paleo or Whole30 lifestyle. You’ll need coconut aminos, beef broth, minced garlic and ginger and a few spices to create the sauce. And, you’ll need arrowroot flour for thickening. These are all easy to find in most major grocery stores, or from Thrive Market.
The list of fresh ingredients you’ll need is also incredibly short, helping to make this an easy instant pot recipe to throw together quickly. You’ll need about a pound and a half of skirt steak, 2 bell peppers- 1 green and one red, and a handful of green onions. If you wanted to, this dish would also be great with additional vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, celery or onion.
How to Make Instant Pot Pepper Beef
Using your instant pot, you’ll first sauté the garlic and ginger quickly, just until it becomes fragrant. Then you’ll cook the beef in the beef broth and coconut aminos. This helps the beef become more tender by cooking it under pressure with the liquid before making the liquid into the sauce. When the instant pot is done, that’s when the vegetables will get added. The instant pot will go onto sauté mode once again, only for a few minutes, to allow the peppers and green onions to soften.
Check out these 40 Whole30 Instant Pot Recipes!
This Whole30 and paleo instant pot pepper beef recipe is delicious over steamed broccoli, with cauliflower rice, or with cabbage or bok choy.
Other Whole30 Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love:Print
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1.5 lbs skirt steak, thinly sliced against the grain, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 6–8 green onions, roughly chopped
- Optional: 1 tbsp coconut sugar (if not doing a Whole30 or eating keto)
- Optional: 2 tsp arrowroot flour dissolved into 1 tbsp water
- Set your instant pot to “sauté mode” and add the sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Once the oil becomes hot, use a spatula to quickly sauté the garlic and ginger until it becomes fragrant. Press “cancel”.
- Add the sliced skirt steak, beef broth and coconut aminos. Close the instant pot lid, put the pressure valve to sealing, and then set it to high pressure for 16 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick release and then add the peppers and green onions into the pot. Set the instant pot back to “sauté” and stir to combine the vegetables with the beef and liquid.
- Let sauté for 3-5 minutes, depending on how crisp or fork tender you want the peppers.
- To thicken the sauce, while it’s still sautéing, add the dissolved arrowroot and water mixture into the instant pot and stir in to incorporate. Continue stirring and the sauce will begin to thicken. To thicken further, repeat this step with 2 more teaspoons of arrowroot if desired.
Keywords: whole30 instant pot, whole30 beef recipes, whole30 pepper beef, paleo instant pot, keto instant pot, keto beef recipes, paleo beef recipes
This Whole30 instant pot pepper beef post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.