Whole30 instant pot pineapple ginger shredded chicken is a quick and easy meal you can make any night of the week in under 30 minutes. This flavorful and family friendly recipe is Paleo, gluten-free, and just so happens to taste even better the next day as leftovers or purposefully meal prepped!
It blows my mind that a Paleo and Whole30 recipe this good can be made with such simple ingredients, it kind of makes you wonder why I haven’t been making this long before now! If you aren’t new to eating healthy it’s likely your kitchen probably has over half of what this shredded chicken calls for. My kitchen never seems to run low on minced garlic and ginger, coconut aminos, arrowroot flour, or honey (dates, for Whole30!).
Once I knew the route I wanted to take making this instant pot recipe picking up the boneless chicken breasts, pineapple canned chunks, green onion couldn’t have been easier because these ingredients can all be found at major grocers like Target and Walmart, even online with Amazon or at a discount through Thrive Market.
I love a dump and leave recipe! Put all the ingredients into the instant pot and stir to mix everything together. Come back in 10 minutes and release the lid on deliciousness. With recipes like this there’s always the option to add arrowroot flour to thicken up the liquid to create a thicker sauce. Although the shredded chicken alone has so much flavor here!
Feel free to use fresh pineapple instead of canned. Also to keep it Whole30, use dates in place of honey. Do this by blending pitted dates with 3 tbsp of very hot water to make a paste to use instead.
Others Whole30 Chicken Recipes that you’ll love:Print
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or chicken thighs
- 1 cup pineapple canned chunks
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice from can
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1.5 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey (substitute 3 medjool dates, pitted and blended for Whole30)
- Optional: 2 tsp arrowroot flour dissolved in 1 tbsp water to thicken
- Add all of the ingredients into the instant pot and stir to incorporate the ingredients together a bit.
- Close the lid, put the valve to sealing and set the instant pot to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once it’s finished, do a quick release and remove the chicken, placing on a cutting board.
- Add in the arrowroot water mixture and set the instant pot to “sauté” if a thicker sauce is desired. Stir to mix in the arrowroot and let the sauce come to a simmer to thicken.
- While it’s thickening, shred the chicken using two forks and add the shredded chicken back into the instant pot.
- Press “cancel” once it’s thickened, and serve. Garnish with sesame seeds, chopped green onions, or cilantro. Serve in lettuce taco cups, on salads, lettuce wraps or stir frys.
- Fresh pineapple can be used in place of canned
- To use dates in place of honey, blend the pitted dates with 3 tbsp very hot water to make a paste, and use that instead
Keywords: whole30 shredded chicken, whole30 instant pot chicken, paleo instant pot, whole30 instant pot, pineapple shredded chicken
This Whole30 instant pot ginger pineapple shredded chicken post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.