These Asian sesame Whole30 steak kabobs are marinaded in a quick and easy Whole30 and Paleo marinade that make the grilled steak kabobs really come to life! It’s a simple Whole30 steak kabob recipe that anyone can whip up, and it’s even easier to grill. I love making my paleo meal prep on the grill this time of year, because it takes a fraction of the time, and saves me on dishes!
You don’t need an outdoor grill to enjoy these asian sesame steak kabobs on your Whole30. You can use a grill pan for the stovetop, a George Foreman, or even just bake them! Of course, I prefer the grill method, but this marinade is so good, I want everyone to be able to use it and make these Whole30 steak kabobs. Most of these ingredients are pretty standard for Paleo Asian cooking, and will be things you’re familiar with if you’ve done a Whole30 before.
Most of these pantry staples I get from Thrive Market because they’re cheaper, but you can grab coconut aminos from Amazon or Whole Foods too. You’ll also need sesame oil, toasted or regular is just fine!
If you’re not doing a Whole30, you can add a tablespoon of honey or coconut sugar to thicken the marinade to become more of a glaze. Alternatively, if you don’t want to go the Whole30 steak kabob route, this marinade would be great on just regular ol’ steaks, or even chicken breasts on the grill! If you’re looking for more marinades, check out my post on 6 Whole30 chicken marinades. It’s a good place to start, and all of those are freezer friendly as well.
Other Whole30 Summer Recipes You’ll Enjoy:Print
For the Kabobs:
- 1 and 1/2 pound ribeye steak (or cut of choice), diced into 2 inch cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
For the Marinade:
- 1 cup coconut aminos (soy sauce replacement)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Arrowroot flour or 1 tablespoon honey or coconut sugar to thicken marinade
- Cilantro or green onion to garnish
- Add all marinade ingredients to a medium bowl and mix to combine
- Divide about 1/2 of marinade into a separate bowl or ziplock bag
- Add steak cubes to the bowl or bag and mix to evenly coat, set aside
- Let steak sit in the marinade for at least 20 minutes, or refrigerate overnight
- While steak is marinating, chop veggies and heat grill to medium heat. Once done, skewer vegetables with meat, alternating between them
- On a grill pan or grill, cook the skewers for 5 minutes on each side, or until steak is done to preference
- With the remaining marinade, heat in a small sauce pan until it thickens (add arrowroot for a thicker sauce if Whole30, coconut sugar or honey if not on a Whole30), about 3 minutes
- Pour over grilled steak skewers, top with additional sesame seeds, cilantro or green onions
This Whole30 Steak Kabobs post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give Paleobailey.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.