This easy Whole30 air fryer salmon patties are under 10 ingredients, take less than 20 minutes to prep and cook, and are an awesome meal prep recipe. They’re also paleo, low carb and keto, and gluten-free! These air fryer patties are made with canned salmon so it’s a budget friendly Whole30 recipe made from simple pantry ingredients.
Related: 30 Easy Whole30 Seafood Recipes
Ingredients in Whole30 Air Fryer Salmon Patties
This Whole30 salmon recipe only uses 7 ingredients. The two main ones you’ll need are canned salmon and an egg. You can use fresh salmon, but you will have to cook it and then use a fork to flake or “shred” it. There are many great options for canned salmon that are available in most major grocery stores, Amazon, or at a discount from Thrive Market. We like Safe Catch wild salmon, and Wild Planet wild salmon.
You’ll also need 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and a few tablespoons of chopped parsley. If you don’t have fresh parsley, you can absolutely substitute for dried parsley. You can also add any other spices or seasonings you like, and adjust the salt to your preference.
Cooking Instructions for Air Fryer Salmon Patties
The cooking steps for this Whole30 salmon recipe could not be easier. You will first start by combining all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl, and then using a fork or your hands to mix. Combine the egg, herbs and spices with the salmon until the egg is fully incorporated.
If your air fryer requires preheating, preheat it to 375 degrees F. Use your hands to form the salmon mixture into patties. They should be about one half-inch thick. You should get 5 to 6 patties from 14-15 ounces of salmon, which is 3 cans (depending on the brand you use). Place the patties directly into the air fryer basket or rack.
Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the salmon patties in batches. Set the air fryer to 5 minutes and cook, then flip once the timer goes off. Cook them for another 5 minutes. They should be slightly crispy on the inside, while still juicy and moist on the inside. Don’t overcook them or they can dry out.
In the market for an air fryer? This is the one I recommend!
Serving and Storing Instructions
There are many ways to serve and enjoy these gluten-free salmon patties. You can eat them over greens on a salad, which is what I prefer to do if we use them for meal prep lunches. You can serve them over cauliflower rice with guacamole or a mango salsa, with coleslaw, or eat them paired with vegetable sides. You can dip or drizzle them with Whole30 tartar sauce, Whole30 southwest ranch, Whole30 special sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
To store your air fryer salmon patties, you want to let them cool all the way first. You can store them in an air-tight container all together or individually. If you’re making them for meal prep, you can add the other vegetable sides or salad into a meal prep container with them. They keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days, and can be eaten hot or cold.
Other Whole30 Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:Print
- 14–15 ounces of canned salmon, drained (or fresh, cooked)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley (3 teaspoons dried)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- If your air fryer needs to be preheated, preheat it to 375 degrees F.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and use a fork or your hands to mix everything together until the egg and spices are fully incorporated with the salmon
- Form the salmon mixture into patties, about 1/2-inch thick. You should yield 5-6 patties. Place each one directly into the air fryer basket or rack once it’s formed
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do two batches
- Cook for 5 minutes, flip gently, and cook for an additional 5 minutes. The patties should be slightly crispy on the outside and still moist on the inside. If you want them to be slightly more crispy, give the tops a very light spray of cooking oil before cooking, and then again when you flip them over
- Remove from the air fryer and serve
Keywords: air fryer recipes, air fryer salmon, whole30 air fryer, low carb salmon, whole30 seafood recipes, gluten-free, dairy-free
This Whole30 Air Fryer Salmon Patties post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.