I’m becoming slightly embarrassed/impressed about the amount of chicken wing recipes I’m cataloging for an extremely new blog. But hey, no shame in my game. I love wings, what can I say?! These baked buffalo drummies are awesome and so easy. Little work in the kitchen + only a few ingredients = a hit at my house. And yours, too!
If you want these buffalo drummies extra crispy, place a baking rack on a baking sheet and put the wings on that before you pop them in the oven. This will allow all the grease and drippings to fall off of the chicken drumsticks instead of cooking in them. Make sure you still line the baking sheet with tin foil if you do this so clean up is as simple as the baking process is! 🙂
You can also use olive oil in place of ghee if you don’t have any. Tin Star is an awesome one but a cheaper alternative is one offered by Trader Joe’s. The sauce I use for these wings is from Tessemae’s or Frank’s. I make these wings a lot and usually always have both of these sauces in the fridge. Either one works really well, so use whatever you have! Both of those options are Paleo and Whole30.
I made my own ranch dressing (which, to be honest, I totally rarely do) to dunk these buffalo drummies in. I love ranch, like, a lot. I just don’t make my own that often because I make it with mayo and that means I’d have to have mayo on hand – which I don’t keep around that much. Plus, the Whole30 and Paleo SUPER SQUEAKY CLEAN ranch from Primal Kitchen Foods is the best ranch ’round town. Even better than the conventional store bought brands, in my opinion. If you haven’t tried it, do. You can get it from their website (use the code GROK15 to save 15% off site-wide), get it from Amazon, Thrive Market, or some Whole Foods stores.
Here’s a few other wing recipes to keep ya’ full and happy:
6 Ingredient Balsamic Glazed Chicken WingsPrint
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! And be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Drummies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 3-4 1x
- 2–3 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup Frank’s Original hot sauce or Tessemae’s buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup melted ghee (butter)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to season
- Season wings with salt and pepper
- Place in a large ziplock bag or large bowl
- Combine buffalo sauce, melted ghee and garlic, and reserve 1/3 cup
- Add remaining sauce to the bag. Stir or shake to evenly coat wings
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to cooking or longer, if able to
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove wings from the refrigerator and let sit out while oven preheats to allow them to come to room temp.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and place wings on the baking sheet, evenly spaced apart
- Set aside the extra marinade for now
- Bake wings for 30-40 minutes, or until wings are crispy to your liking
- 10 minutes prior to removing from the oven, brush the remaining marinade over the wings and place back into the oven
- Remove once done, coat again with the last of the marinade, serve and enjoy!
Double the recipe for a larger crowd or meal prep!
This post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.
Reader Reviews & Comments
Deb Stemmerman says
These are awesome!
I’m so glad you enjoyed them, Deb! Thank you!!
May be a bit dangerous to put marinade which has touched raw chicken on the cooked ones? Unless I’m missing the part where you set aside some marinade before the chicken goes in it? Looks delicious otherwise.
Do you flip the wings halfway through cooking?
I don’t, but you certainly could!! 🙂
Thank you so much!
Hi! Do you have a suggested serving size aka number of wings? Thank you!
Hi! Good question! It’s hard to give a number of wings per serving because the size of the wings can vary so much depending on what you buy/have available! A standard serving size for chicken is 4 ounces, or 4.4 ounces with bones! I’d suggest for these size wings, a serving would be 4-5 wings 🙂