This Mango pico de Gallo recipe is the perfect way to change up regular pico. The slight spice of the jalapeno plays perfectly with the sweetness of the mango and the flavor profile makes it work everywhere pico would go. This paleo and Whole30 recipe is super easy to make and is both gluten free and dairy free. It takes almost no time to make so give this one a try!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Tasty: The mango pico de Gallo is a super tasty twist on the normal tomato pico. It has spicy and sweet notes and can go with anything normal pico would go on.
- Easy: It’s a super simple recipe to make and you can’t go wrong with an easy pico! The ingredients are simple to prepare and there’s not a lot beyond that you have to do.
- Fast: This recipe takes almost no time to make. It’s quick to prepare the ingredients and just as fast to make.
Looking for a great regular pico de gallo recipe? Check out our easy tomato pico recipe!
Mango Pico De Gallo Ingredients
For this recipe you need 2 large, ripe, mangos that have been peeled and diced, one jalapeno diced with the seeds removed, and a cup of diced cherry or Roma tomatoes. You also need a half cup of chopped cilantro, a half cup of diced red onion, and the juice from one large lime or two small limes. This will be about 3-4 tablespoons of juice.
Lastly you’ll require a teaspoon of minced garlic and a half teaspoon of salt; you can add more to taste, as well. Optionally, if you want a sweeter pico, you can add a pinch of sugar.
How to Make Mango Pico De Gallo
Start this recipe by prepping and chopping or dicing all of your ingredients and gathering them in a large bowl. Then gently toss them all together until well combined taking care to not bruise the fruit.
Give your pico a taste and add any salt or garlic to tune it to your preference. If you opted to add sugar you can add any of that to sweeten it to your taste as well. Add any extra lime juice if you want.
Once the mango pico de Gallo is adjusted to your taste, cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator. Let it chill for about an hour or so before serving.
Serving and Storing Instructions
Once the mango pico has been chilled, serve it as a topping to any of your normal chicken, fish or shrimp tacos, nachos, quesadillas, or anything you’d normally want pico on. This pico adds a sweet twist to the standard variety, and is also great with chips or anything you’d normally use to dip! Use this for regular wraps, or chicken salads, or anything you can dream of, really.
What to eat Mango Pico de Gallo with:
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Spicy Salmon Bowls
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Smoked Shrimp
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
To store this recipe simply cover with an airtight lid and refrigerate. It will keep for about 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
FAQ for Making the Best Mango Pico de Gallo:
How to choose a ripe mango? The best way to tell if your mango is ripe is to give it a very gentle squeeze. When a ripe mango that is ready to eat is squeezed, it will give just slightly which indicates soft flesh of the fruit inside. If it’s still hard, it’s not ripe or ready to eat yet. If you buy mangos that aren’t ripe but you want to eat them soon, you can speed the ripening process by placing them into a brown paper bag overnight.
Can this mango pico de gallo recipe be made spicier? Yes you can make this pico recipe with mango spicy. To do this, instead of removing the seeds from the jalapeno, you can leave them in or leave half of them. The seeds of the pepper are where the spice comes from. Additionally, you can add another pepper like a habanero pepper.
Can you freeze pico de gallo with mango? Yes, you can freeze mango pico de gallo. It will change the texture of the tomatoes and they will be softer once thawed, but it will still taste great. Another option for freezing is to blend it slightly so it’s a thinner salsa and then freezing. This will eliminate the texture of the tomatoes changing.
How long does pico de gallo made with mango last? If stored properly in an air tight container in the fridge, mango pico de gallo can be enjoyed for up to 4 to 5 days.
Other Healthy Homemade Sauce Recipes You’ll Love!
- Mango Habanero Salsa
- Queso Mozzarella
- Homemade Special Sauce (Big Mac Sauce)
- Homemade Tartar Sauce
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled and diced (about 1 to 1.5 cups)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes or roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- Juice of 1 large lime or 2 small limes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Add all of the ingredients into a large bowl and gently toss together, taking care not to bruise the fruit
- Taste and adjust salt and garlic if necessary or add more lime juice to taste. Cover and refrigerate for an hour to chill before serving
Taste the pico at the end and if you want it sweeter add a 1/4 tsp of sugar or to taste.
Keywords: mango pico de Gallo, how to make mango pico de Gallo, pico de Gallo with mango, homemade mango pico de Gallo, mango pico de Gallo recipe
This mango pico de gallo recipe may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.