These Whole30 breakfast meatballs are the perfect paleo solution to spice up your breakfast. Whole30 breakfast can get boring, but not with these meatballs! They’re easy to make, and are awesome for meal prep! They stay good in the fridge all week, so you just pop them in the microwave and you’re off to start your day!
My boyfriend first had this idea for some kind of Mexican inspired breakfast meatballs with pico and guac. Obviously, I thought he was a genius. Fun fact: he comes up with a TON of recipes that you see here. Or, he at least had the inspiration for them. #blessed ;). But anyway, these chorizo breakfast meatballs are so tasty and easy to whip up.
I made them once and then reaped the benefits the following mornings when breakfast was basically already cooked! They’re super easy to make and only take about 20 minutes after you’ve rolled them into balls.
I started them on the stove top to get the edges crispy, but you can totally skip that step and just throw them in the oven right away! It saves you a dish to wash that way too.
Sometimes if you’re eating Whole30 or just Paleo in general, it can be difficult to find chorizo that doesn’t have sugar in it. I can sometimes find it at my local butcher but otherwise you can get it from Pederson’s Farms and have it shipped to your door. There are some Pederson’s products with the “Whole30 Approved” label that I’ve found in stores near me, but so far, not the chorizo.
Instead of tossing the Whole30 breakfast meatballs over sweet potato noodles and scrambled eggs, you could make it even easier by just frying an egg with hash browns, put them over a veggie hash or just have them on their own!
The chorizo Whole30 breakfast meatballs also freeze really well. I doubled the recipe and put half of the meatballs in the freezer in individual portions and have been pulling them out as needed. Efficiency at it’s finest, folks.
This post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.Print
- 1 pound ground chorizo
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil – if browning on the stovetop first
- Mix chorizo, onion and green pepper in a large bowl
- Roll into balls (your desired size) and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add in meatballs
- Cook for 3 minutes on one side and then flip
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and a oven safe wire baking rack
- Place meatballs on rack and bake for 20 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked thoroughly
- Note- You don’t need to use a rack for baking but chorizo meat tends to be greasy so to eliminate the grease in your meatballs, the rack allows it to drip off onto the bottom of the pan