This simple chicken alfredo spaghetti squash casserole is filled with broccoli and onions, and perfect for meal prep or a weeknight chicken dinner recipe. It’s Whole30, paleo, keto/low carb, gluten free and dairy free, all while being a delicious, hearty and vegetable-filled meal! It comes together very easily, and reheats well.
This post is in partnership with Primal Kitchen. They’re giving you 10% off any of their products using the code “PALEOBAILEY” at checkout! I’m happy to work with a company I love, use and believe in so much. Thanks for your support here on the blog and your support for Primal Kitchen!
Whole30 Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Casserole Ingredients
This chicken casserole recipe is super simple to make, and doesn’t require many ingredients. You’ll need a pound of chicken breasts, a few cups of broccoli, an onion and a spaghetti squash, plus a few spices like salt and garlic powder. Everything is combined and baked with Primal Kitchen’s Dairy-Free Garlic Alfredo!
Primal Kitchen’s Garlic Alfredo is one of the sauces I love keeping in the pantry for quick and easy meals. It’s made with velvety cashew butter, and it’s Paleo, keto, gluten and dairy-free. I use it all the time, like in this Chicken Bacon & Potato Casserole! Primal Kitchen doesn’t use any junky ingredients in their sauces, so it’s perfect for our family or anyone needing a healthier option!
How to Make Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Casserole
You’ll first start by preparing the spaghetti squash. Do this by cutting it in half lengthwise and then scooping out the seeds into the trash. Then, season with salt and pepper, coat with a light layer of cooking oil spray and place onto a baking sheet. Put the baking sheet into the oven on an upper rack.
Once the squash is in the oven, add the chicken breasts and diced onion into a casserole dish. Toss with salt and pepper and add the casserole dish into the oven and continue baking for 30 minutes on 400 degrees F. Once the half hour is up, remove the baking sheet and casserole dish from the oven. Remove the chicken, dice and return to the casserole dish.
Turn over the spaghetti squash and use a fork to “thread” the squash into strands directly into the casserole dish. Once all of the squash is in the casserole dish, add in the broccoli florets, spices and Primal Kitchen Alfredo Sauce. Use two forks to combine the sauce in with the chicken and vegetables. Place the dish back into the oven and bake for the remaining 30 minutes.
When it’s done, it will be a light golden brown on top and the sauce bubbling at the sides.
Other Healthy Casserole Recipes You’ll Love:Print
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 1 jar Primal Kitchen Garlic Alfredo Sauce (or homemade Whole30/Dairy-Free Alfredo)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus more for seasoning chicken)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper (plus more for seasoning chicken)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil (or avocado oil)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, scrape out the seeds, and spray the cut sides with a bit of cooking oil and add a sprinkle of salt. Then place the squash cut side down onto a baking sheet and place into the oven on an upper rack
- Add the chicken breasts, diced onion and oil into a large casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat the chicken and onion and then place into the oven on a lower rack
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove the casserole dish and baking sheet. Dice the chicken breasts and add back into the casserole dish. Use a fork to scrape the spaghetti squash “threads” from each half into the casserole dish (it’s okay if the squash isn’t fully cooked yet).
- Then, add the alfredo sauce, broccoli, salt, pepper and garlic powder to the dish. Use two forks to stir everything together and combine all of the ingredients
- Place back into the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until the top is slightly golden brown
- Remove, dish into bowls and enjoy!
Keywords: whole30, casserole, chicken, low carb, spaghetti squash, paleo, chicken casserole, alfredo
This Whole30 Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Casserole post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.