This easy oven roasted beef and vegetables recipe is a simple yet healthy dinner recipe with only a few ingredients and little hands on time. It’s a family friendly meal ideal that’s also Whole30, Paleo, gluten-free and dairy-free. The beef chunks using a chuck roast cook perfectly in one pan with carrots, while the mushrooms and onions are caramelized and mixed in to make this recipe hearty, cozy and delicious!
This post is in partnership with Primal Kitchen. They’re giving you 10% off any of their products using the code “PALEOBAILEY” at checkout! I’m happy to work with a company I love, use and believe in so much. Thanks for your support here on the blog and your support for Primal Kitchen!
Oven Roasted Beef & Vegetable Ingredients
The ingredients list for this Whole30 beef recipe is pretty short, but it doesn’t skip at all on flavor! You’ll need a 3 pound chuck roast, carrots, mushrooms, and onions for fresh ingredients. You’ll also need avocado oil, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar and a handful of spices, such as onion powder and salt and pepper.
Primal Kitchen’s new Organic Balsamic Vinegar is Whole30 Approved, PGI Certified and Paleo. Balsamic vinegar can often be hard to find without added sulfites, which make it not Whole30 compatible. This Italian balsamic has no added coloring, and no added, or re-introduced sulfites. It’s perfect for drizzling over salads, chicken, or, like this recipe, amazing for adding a delicious depth of flavor and caramelizing mushrooms and onions!
Check out Primal Kitchen’s Organic Balsamic Vinegar here (and get a discount at checkout using the code “PALEOBAILEY”!)
How to Make This Recipe
The process of making this oven roasted beef and veggies recipe is really straightforward. You’ll first start by cutting up a chuck roast and the carrots both into 1-inch pieces and adding it into a baking dish. Then using your hands, coat the beef and carrots with 1 tablespoon of the oil along with the spices and garlic. Add the bay leaves, cover, and pop the dish into the oven on 375 degrees F. for an hour.
Halfway through cooking, you’ll prepare the mushrooms and onions which will take about 15 minutes. You’ll do this by adding the oil and balsamic vinegar into a skillet over medium heat with the sliced onions to begin caramelizing them. Cook the onions for about 5 minutes, and then add in the mushrooms and sauté for 10 more minutes until both the mushrooms and onions are caramelized to your liking. If needed, you can add another tablespoon of oil and/or balsamic.
Lastly, remove the baking dish from the oven and add the mushrooms and onions into the dish. Stir everything to combine them with the beef and carrots, cover again and place back into the oven to cook for the remaining 15 minutes.
Substitutions & Additions
You can add additional vegetables to this recipe, such as potatoes or other root vegetables. You’ll want to add in any hearty vegetables such as those at the beginning with the beef and carrots. Adjust the seasonings by adding a bit extra for any additional vegetables you use.
This Whole30 beef recipe also works well if you want to substitute the 3 pound beef chuck roast for a 3 pound pork roast. Follow the same method of cutting it into 1-inch pieces and patting it dry really well prior to adding it into the baking dish.
Other Whole30 Beef Recipes You’ll LovePrint
- 3 pound beef chuck roast, cut into 1 inch chunks and patted dry
- 3–4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (divided)
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, cut in thin slices
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Balsamic Vinegar
- Optional: Parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF.
- In a large baking dish, evenly coat beef and carrots with 2 tablespoons oil, minced garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place bay leaves on top and cover loosely with tin foil, or baking dish lid. Bake for 1 hour.
- 30 minutes before the beef and carrots are done baking, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and balsamic vinegar, and sauté for 5 minutes. Once they begin caramelizing, add mushroom to the pan. Continue sautéing both onions and mushrooms until done, about 10 more minutes. Add an additional tablespoon of oil and balsamic if needed.
- Remove baking dish from the oven, add onions and mushrooms and stir to mix in with the beef and carrots. Place tin foil back over baking dish, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with parsley if desired
Keywords: Whole30 beef recipes, Paleo, Gluten Free, Oven, Chuck Roast, Whole30
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 487
- Fat: 23.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3 g
- Protein: 70 g
This post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.