- 3 pound beef chuck roast, cut into 1 inch chunks and patted dry
- 3–4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (divided)
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, cut in thin slices
- 2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Balsamic Vinegar
- Optional: Parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF.
- In a large baking dish, evenly coat beef and carrots with 2 tablespoons oil, minced garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place bay leaves on top and cover loosely with tin foil, or baking dish lid. Bake for 1 hour.
- 30 minutes before the beef and carrots are done baking, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and balsamic vinegar, and sauté for 5 minutes. Once they begin caramelizing, add mushroom to the pan. Continue sautéing both onions and mushrooms until done, about 10 more minutes. Add an additional tablespoon of oil and balsamic if needed.
- Remove baking dish from the oven, add onions and mushrooms and stir to mix in with the beef and carrots. Place tin foil back over baking dish, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with parsley if desired
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 487
- Fat: 23.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3 g
- Protein: 70 g