This chopped big mac salad is such an easy, delicious and quick lunch or dinner to whip up on a weekday or to prepare for meal prep. It’s full of flavor but still a low carb or keto, Whole30 and Paleo salad recipe that only takes 20 minutes. Plus the only thing you have to really even cook is the beef! Just a little chopping and you’ve got your healthy salad ready to go.
This post is in partnership with Primal Kitchen. They’re giving you 10% off any of their products using the code “PALEOBAILEY” at checkout! I’m happy to work with a company I love, use and believe in so much. Thanks for your support here on the blog and your support for Primal Kitchen!
When trying to eat real, nutrient dense food, eating at fast food places doesn’t always fit the bill. But there’s still no reason you can’t do a quick little recreation of those familiar flavors but with a healthier Whole30 or Paleo spin! What I love best about this big mac salad is the combination of flavors. The fresh crunchy vegetables and pickles, the juicy meat and the sauce that combines it all together. Of course if you’re not eating strictly Whole30, you can add some shredded cheese to make it more of a cheeseburger salad!
The sauce that really makes this whole big mac salad come together is the Thousand Island. This is a new sugar-free addition to Primal Kitchen’s long line of Whole30 Approved, Paleo and Keto sauces, condiments and dressings. I’ve been a huge fan of PK since they released their first product- their mayo (also Whole30 Approved and keto!).
They’ve made it so much easier for me and my family to eat paleo on the daily. This big mac salad using their Thousand Island is just one example of how it helps me get from no lunch to fully ready-to-eat Whole30 meal in 2o minutes and a little drizzle of a sauce I know is good for me.
You can grab yours from their website (use the code PALEOBAILEY for 10% off, too!).
Primal Kitchen also has Whole30 and Keto bundles that are awesome and worth checking out. I gave them as gifts at Christmas to a few family members who I knew were going to be starting Whole30 in January and it was a huge hit!
This salad is a good option for meal prep! I typically chop the veggies beforehand but only assemble what I need for a serving a few hours prior before I’m going to eat it to keep the vegetables tasting fresh. These are the silicone to-go salad dressing containers I use (and love). Everyone always asks about them when they see them – they’re so cute! Plus dishwasher, freezer, microwave and TSA friendly!Print
For the Beef:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the Salad:
- 2–3 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Thousand Island
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped
- 1 cup halved or quartered roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion, or as preferred
- 1/2 cup pickles, halved or diced
- Optional chopped green onions or sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat and season with salt and pepper. Halfway through browning, after about 4-5 minutes, begin mixing in the mustard, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, pickle juice, and paprika.
- Once cooked, taste and adjust spices as desired, and then remove from heat.
- Assemble the salads with the romaine, beef, onions, pickles, tomatoes, Thousand Island and optional sesame seeds or green onion.
Keywords: paleo, whole30, big mac salad, keto, beef