- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1.5 lbs skirt steak, thinly sliced against the grain, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 6–8 green onions, roughly chopped
- Optional: 1 tbsp coconut sugar (if not doing a Whole30 or eating keto)
- Optional: 2 tsp arrowroot flour dissolved into 1 tbsp water
- Set your instant pot to “sauté mode” and add the sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Once the oil becomes hot, use a spatula to quickly sauté the garlic and ginger until it becomes fragrant. Press “cancel”.
- Add the sliced skirt steak, beef broth and coconut aminos. Close the instant pot lid, put the pressure valve to sealing, and then set it to high pressure for 16 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick release and then add the peppers and green onions into the pot. Set the instant pot back to “sauté” and stir to combine the vegetables with the beef and liquid.
- Let sauté for 3-5 minutes, depending on how crisp or fork tender you want the peppers.
- To thicken the sauce, while it’s still sautéing, add the dissolved arrowroot and water mixture into the instant pot and stir in to incorporate. Continue stirring and the sauce will begin to thicken. To thicken further, repeat this step with 2 more teaspoons of arrowroot if desired.