These healthy grilled Greek chicken bowls are perfect for weekday lunches or an easy dinner! Made with only a few simple ingredients, boneless chicken breasts, and fresh vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers and green pepper, meal prep couldn’t be more simple! This grilled chicken is also Whole30, paleo, low carb (keto), and gluten-free. The chicken is flavored with a Greek-inspired marinade and always comes off of the grill juicy and full of flavor!
This post is in partnership with Ello Products, and all opinions are my own. I’m happy to work with a company I love, use and believe in so much. Thanks for your support here on the blog and your support for Ello Products! Use the code BAILEY15 to save 15% off of your online purchase!
Grilled Greek Chicken Bowl Ingredients
To make this grilled chicken recipe you’ll first marinate a few chicken breasts. The ingredients you’ll need include extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, dill and some salt and pepper. For the greek vegetable side of the bowls, you’ll need either grape or cherry tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber and either black or kalamata olives. What’s so great about this recipe is how easy it is, and that it uses mostly pantry staple ingredients aside from the veggies and chicken!
How to Prep the Greek Chicken
You’ll first start by combing all of the marinade ingredients into a small dish, whisking them together well to incorporate everything together. In an air-tight container place the chicken breasts in and pour the marinade over and flip the chicken to coat. I love using my glass Ello 8×8 container for marinading meat, especially for the grill, because it’s the perfect size for any protein, has a low profile so it’s easier to store in the fridge than a bowl, and it can transport right to the grill once it’s done marinading.
Once the chicken is coated in your Greek-inspired marinade, you’ll over it with the lid and place it into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. You can marinate it longer, of course, up to overnight.
Grilling & Prepping the Chicken Bowls
Once the chicken has been marinaded, heat your grill to about 450 degrees F. Once hot, place your chicken directly onto the grill grates and close the lid. You’ll only need to cook the chicken about 6 minutes per side, give or take a minute or two depending on how thick your chicken breasts are.
You’ll know the chicken breasts are ready to flip once they slide off the grill grates easily. You shouldn’t have to pull or tug on them with tongs to get them to flip, and the chicken shouldn’t stick to the grates. If it is sticking, let it grill an additional minute before trying to flip again.
To prep the vegetables, simply dice all of your vegetables and add them to a mixing bowl. Add in the oil, lemon, garlic powder and salt and give it a stir to toss. Then you can add a base to the bowls or just add in the grilled chicken and veggies. Add a slice of fresh lemon if you’re using for meal prep and squeeze right before you’re going to eat. It adds a bright and fresh flavor to the chicken and vegetables!
For meal prepping the bowls, I use my Ello 10-piece Meal Prep Set. They’re the perfect size for lunches, BPA free and dishwasher, microwave, freezer & oven safe! The silicone sleeves protect the glass from any scratches or cracks which make the containers easy to move and store for meal prep purposes!
Save 15% off of your glass meal prep containers using the code BAILEY15 with your online order from Ello Products!
Additions & Substitutions
There’s quite a few additions and substitutions you can make to these Whole30 grilled Greek chicken bowls to make it your own or use what you have on hand! You can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts, any type of olive or none at all, you can add red or green onion. You could also add rice to the base of the bowl, and a bit of crumbled feta on top if you’d like!
Other Healthy, Whole30 Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:Print
For the Chicken:
- 1–1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1.5 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the Vegetables:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced or diced
- 1–1.5 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced or diced
- 1/4 cup black olives
- Optional: spinach or romaine
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade into a small bowl and whisk to combine. Place the chicken in an airtight container and pour the marinade in and coat the chicken. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, up to overnight
- Heat your grill to 450 degrees F. and place the chicken onto the grates. Cook for 6 minutes, flip, and then cook an additional 6 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked to 160 degrees internally
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let cool a few minutes to lock in the juices before serving or slicing
- In a large mixing bowl, add in your vegetables except for optional lettuce, along with all of the listed vegetable ingredients. Toss the vegetables to evenly coat
- Serve along side the chicken, or prep the vegetables and chicken into meal prep containers. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days
- Boneless chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts
Keywords: greek chicken, grilled chicken, grilling recipes, whole30 recipes, salad, meal prep