For the Beef:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the Salad:
- 2–3 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Thousand Island
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped
- 1 cup halved or quartered roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion, or as preferred
- 1/2 cup pickles, halved or diced
- Optional chopped green onions or sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat and season with salt and pepper. Halfway through browning, after about 4-5 minutes, begin mixing in the mustard, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, pickle juice, and paprika.
- Once cooked, taste and adjust spices as desired, and then remove from heat.
- Assemble the salads with the romaine, beef, onions, pickles, tomatoes, Thousand Island and optional sesame seeds or green onion.