This Paleo and Whole30 instant pot broccoli chicken stir fry is a great weeknight dinner made in one pot and in under 30 minutes. It’s not only a Whole30 instant pot recipe, but it’s low carb and gluten-free, so you can enjoy a guilt free Chinese inspired meal or make a healthy meal prep recipe that will ensure delicious leftovers all week.
Instant Pot Whole30 Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry Ingredients
This Whole30 instant pot chicken stir fry recipe really only uses some standard paleo and Whole30 ingredients for the stir fry and sauce. You’ll need coconut aminos, chicken broth, white wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil, Chinese 5 spice powder and arrowroot flour to thicken at the end if you want a thicker sauce. The Chinese 5 spice can be found in the spice or international area at almost all major grocery stores, but you can omit it if you’d like.
The rest of the ingredients can also be found at retailers like Target and Walmart, Amazon, or online for a discount at Thrive Market, where I typically stock up on things like coconut aminos, arrowroot and broth.
Check out my list of Whole30 Compliant Items at Target, or my Whole30 Compliant Items at Walmart list!
How to Make Whole30 Instant Pot Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry
Start by making your sauce by mix together coconut aminos, sesame oil, white wine vinegar, Chinese 5 spice powder, minced garlic and ginger in a small dish. Then you’ll dice the chicken, season with salt and pepper and add both the chicken and sauce into your instant pot. Stir together to coat all of the chicken in the sauce and cover with the lid.
Then you’ll cook the chicken for 5 minutes on high pressure. The last step is to add all of the veggies and put on sauté mode for just a few minutes to soften veggies, I usually like to keep them a little crunchy. If you want the broccoli to be softer, just let it simmer for a few additional minutes.
Just because this meal Whole30 broccoli chicken takes less than a half hour to make doesn’t mean it’s lacking in flavor. I use coconut aminos, which is a Whole30 and Paleo version of soy sauce and a combination of mild spices to bring out the natural sweetness of the carrots and flavor of the veggies. It’s a simply seasoned Whole30 dish that’s family friendly. It also meal preps well, so save some for leftovers!
We’ve been loving this Whole30 broccoli chicken dish as is but you can always toss this over cauliflower rice, traditional rice if not needing to eat Whole30, paleo or low carb, or even a bed of greens! I also suggest mixing up the veggies that you use. There’s no right way to make a stir fry, it always tastes good regardless of what you toss in.
Other Recipes That You’ll Love:Print
- 1–1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (can substitute chicken thighs)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced or matchstick carrots
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
For the Sauce
- Season the diced chicken with salt and pepper and then add diced chicken into the instant pot. Make the sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, excluding the arrowroot.
- Pour the sauce into the instant pot over the chicken. Close the lid, ensure the pressure valve is set to sealing and then cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Chop the veggies while the chicken cooks.
- Once the timer goes off, do a quick release of the pressure valve and open the instant pot. Press cancel, and then put it onto sauté mode.
- Add in the broccoli, carrots and water chestnuts and stir to combine with the sauce. Let simmer for 3-4 minutes until the broccoli is fork tender to your preference. If you like the broccoli to be softer, simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- At this point, if you’d like the sauce to be thicker, dissolve the arrowroot with a bit of tap water in a small dish and then pour into the simmering liquid. Stir to incorporate and let thicken about 1 minute.
- This recipe is also great with green peppers, cashews or onion added in with the vegetables
- Optional: garnish with thinly sliced green onion, red pepper flakes and/or sesame seeds
Keywords: chicken stir fry, Whole30 chicken instant pot, Whole30 instant pot recipes, Paleo chicken stir fry, instant pot chicken stir fry, low carb chicken stir fry
This instant pot whole30 broccoli chicken stir fry post may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.