This cajun chicken alfredo broccoli skillet is an easy gluten-free and low carb meal that cooks in only one pan! With under 10 ingredients and under 20 minutes, it’s a super simple dinner recipe that’s great for a weeknight dinner. There’s a dairy-free option, and it reheats well making it a perfect option for a meal prep recipe!
This post is in partnership with Primal Kitchen. They’re giving you 10% off any of their products using the code “PALEOBAILEY” at checkout! I’m happy to work with a company I love, use and believe in so much. Thanks for your support here on the blog and your support for Primal Kitchen!
Chicken Alfredo Skillet Ingredients
The ingredients you’ll need to make your chicken broccoli alfredo skillet are really simple, which is what helps makes this recipe so quick to make! You’ll need 2 pounds of chicken breast, a bit of broth, a bag of frozen broccoli, minced garlic, cajun seasoning, and a mix of parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
Primal Kitchen Garlic Alfredo is a great option for this recipe. There’s no soy, gluten or dairy, and it’s plant based, along with Certified Paleo and Keto. It’s got such a smooth, velvety texture thanks to pumpkin seed butter and the garlic is a perfect match for the chicken and broccoli in this skillet! The taste and quality of the simple ingredients makes this alfredo sauce our favorite to have in the pantry for easy weeknight meals like this one!
For the cajun seasoning, you can use any blend you have on hand or prefer to use. If you don’t have one, you can very easily make a quick spice mixture using the recipe in the notes section of the recipe. This homemade option uses paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and pepper. Making your own is a budget friendly option being the spices needed are all common pantry ones found in most kitchens already!
How to Make Cajun Chicken Alfredo Skillet
The first step in making this cajun chicken alfredo skillet recipe is to slice your chicken breasts into thin strips. Then you’ll sprinkle the cajun seasoning over the chicken and rub it in really well to all sides of the strips.
The next steps will be cooking the seasoned chicken. To do this, first add the oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, place the chicken strips into the skillet in an even layer and so they’re not crowding each other. You may need to cook the chicken in two batches.
Because the chicken was sliced into thin strips, it will cook quickly. You will just need to let it cook, undisturbed, on one side for about 3 minutes. Then you can flip them and cook them for an additional 3 minutes on the other side, or until they have cooked all the way through. Once they’re done, transfer them from the skillet onto a plate and set aside for now.
The next steps will be making the sauce for the chicken and broccoli. Thankfully, this step is super easy because you’re using Primal Kitchen Garlic Alfredo! First you’ll want to reduce the heat on the skillet down to medium and add in your minced garlic.
Saute your garlic for about a minute until it’s fragrant and then pour the broth into the skillet. This is to deglaze the pan and to do that you’ll just scrape up any browned bits from the bottom once the broth is in the skillet. You’ll get lots of flavor from the spices and browned chicken pieces into the sauce by doing this.
Then pour in the Primal Kitchen Garlic Alfredo and let it heat up. While it’s heating, pop the bag of frozen broccoli into the microwave and cook it according to the directions on the package. Once your alfredo is bubbling, add in the parmesan and stir it in to melt and combine, and then do the same thing with the mozzarella.
The final step is to add the broccoli to the sauce and then add the chicken back into the skillet. You can gently stir them into the sauce and let it cook about 3 more minutes so the chicken rewarms. Once the chicken is hot, you can remove the skillet from the heat and enjoy!
Making Your Skillet Dairy Free
There are only two simple swaps to make this chicken alfredo skillet completely dairy free. The only two things you need to change is opting for a dairy free parmesan and dairy free mozzarella. These are very easy to find in most all grocery stores, and will either be labeled vegan cheese or dairy free cheese. You can also omit the shredded cheese completely.
This cajun chicken alfredo broccoli skillet is great served all on it’s own, but it’s also delicious over pasta, such as regular wheat pasta, gluten-free pasta or veggie noodles like zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash. The garlic alfredo is a perfect match for any type of noodle your family prefers!
To store leftover chicken and broccoli alfredo, you will want to let it cool completely first. You can store the leftovers all together, or portion it out into individual servings with the side for a lunch meal prep that is easy and quick to reheat. Make sure to store your leftovers in airtight containers. It’s good in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Other One Skillet Recipes You’ll Love:
- Salsa Verde Chicken Skillet
- Dutch Oven Chicken Breast
- Ground Beef and Broccoli Skillet
- Cajun Salmon Pasta
- Dijon Chicken and Potato Skillet
- Peanut Butter Chicken Skillet
- Chipotle Chicken Skillet
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 12–16 ounces steamer bag of frozen broccoli
- 1 jar Primal Kitchen Garlic Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Season the sliced chicken pieces with the cajun seasoning. Rub it in well on all sides of the chicken
- Add the oil into a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the chicken pieces so they’re laying flat and not overcrowded. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to do two batches
- Cook the chicken strips for 3 minutes, flip, and cook an additional 3 minutes on the other side, or until they’re cooked through. Remove them from the skillet and set aside
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in the minced garlic. Saute for about 1 minute until fragrant, then pour in the broth to deglaze the pan. Scrape up any browned bits and then pour in the alfredo sauce
- While the alfredo sauce is heating, place the bag of broccoli into the microwave and steam according to the directions on the package
- Once the alfredo is bubbling, add in the shredded parmesan cheese and stir into the sauce until it’s combined. Then add in the shredded mozzarella cheese and stir that into the sauce until it’s combined
- Lastly add in the broccoli, and add the sliced chicken back into the skillet. Stir into the sauce gently and cook for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the chicken to rewarm in the sauce
Homemade Cajun Seasoning:
- 2 tablespoons paprika, or smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
Keywords: cajun chicken alfredo, cajun chicken broccoli alfredo, cajun chicken alfredo with broccoli
This cajun chicken alfredo broccoli skillet recipe may contain some links that are affiliate links, though products are ones I use personally and recommend. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does give wholekitchensink.com a little financial support which helps to keep this blog running. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.