- 1 pound ground chorizo (homemade recipe here)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound red potatoes, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional for serving: 2-3 green onions, salsa, avocado
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil and diced potatoes. Season with the garlic and chili powder. Cook the potatoes just until they begin to soften and brown, about 5 minutes. And then add in the remaining vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Next, push the vegetables to the side and add the ground chorizo to the open space. Break apart and incorporate it into the vegetables. Cook another 8-10 minutes, or until the chorizo and potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from heat. Serve with green onions, salsa, hot sauce, avocado/guacamole or an egg if desired.
- You can also boil the potatoes until they are fork-tender (but not fully cooked), drain and set aside to cool. Then dice them and add them in with the onions and peppers in step 2. This is a good option if you want to prep the potatoes ahead of time, such as the night before, and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- You can substitute the potatoes for 1-1.5 cups of broccoli.
- For a spicer breakfast skillet, add a 4 oz. can of diced green chiles in with the vegetables.
- Keeps in the fridge for 4 days.