- 6 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime (or 1/4 cup lime juice)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cilantro and lime slices to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all spices, minced garlic, chopped cilantro, lime juice and 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Mix well and add in chicken thighs
- Using hands, rub mixture into the chicken thighs
- Heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil on medium-high heat in a large cast-iron or oven safe skillet
- Once oil is hot, place chicken thighs into the skillet skin side down for 5 minutes. Flip chicken and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken into the oven to finish cooking for an additional 15 minutes, or until fully cooked
- Remove from oven, garnish with additional cilantro and limes (or juice of limes) and serve!
Chicken thighs, due to their dark meat, can still appear pink or brown even when fully cooked. To ensure your thighs are done, remove from oven once the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.