- 2.5 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1 13.4oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth (or 1 cup water mixed with 2 scoops Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen)
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a small bowl, mix water and bone broth powder together to create the broth
- Add broth, tomato sauce and spices to a medium sauce pan over medium heat
- Combine and let cook for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened a bit
- Remove from heat and let cool until no longer steaming
- In a large ziplock bag or a large bowl, combine chicken drumsticks and 1 and 1/2 cups of sauce, or until dummies are covered and coated completely
- Refrigerate and let marinate for at least a half hour, or overnight
- The remainder of the sauce can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to a week, or frozen
- Heat grill to medium, or preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grill for 7 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked to 165 degrees F. internal temp.
- Or, bake on a baking sheet for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until fully cooked
The remainder of the sauce can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to a week, or frozen.
Oven times may vary.