- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans northern beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can white corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can sweet corn cream style
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (can substitute black pepper)
- 8 oz plain cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, except heavy cream and cream cheese. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- 30-1 hour minutes prior to eating, shred the chicken with two forks in the slow cooker and stir in cream and cream cheese. Cream cheese might not be completely softened, but will combine into the chili with stirring.
- Serve and add any desired toppings such as shredded cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro, jalapeño, sour cream, avocado, additional salt and pepper, or whatever you prefer!
- You can substitute the can of sweet creamed corn for another can of white corn kernels
- Frozen chicken breasts work well too!