- 3 pound boneless lamb roast
- Spritz of olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Add your wood pellets and heat your smoker to 250 degrees F.
- Mix the spices together in a small dish. Spray the lamb with a bit of oil (or use about 1/2 tbsp from a bottle) and liberally rub the lamb with the spices on all sides, and fat cap if your roast has one
- Let the roast come to room temperature before putting it onto the smoker
- Place the lamb roast onto the smoker (fat cap side up if yours has one), insert the temperature probe, and smoke until your lamb has reached 135 degrees F for medium-rare, about 3-3.5 hours
- Remove the lamb from the smoker by transferring to a cutting board. Let rest for 10 minutes to lock in the juices. Slice, and then serve
- If you’d like your lamb more well done, leave it on the smoker until it reaches 150 degrees F.
- If you are using a bone-in lamb roast, keep in mind it will take longer to smoke