- 1.5–2 pounds stew beef meat, roughly chopped into 1–1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb baby blond potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and roughly chopped in 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1.5 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2.5–3 cups beef broth (can substitute chicken broth)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Optional: 2 tbsp arrowroot flour dissolved in 2 tbsp of water to thicken
- Optional: 1.5 cups chopped green beans
- Place in all ingredients into the slow cooker, except for the peas. Stir to combine everything and cover with the lid.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-7. In the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the frozen peas and stir to mix into the stew. If you want to add the thickener, whisk it into the slow cooker at this time. Cover with the lid and let the peas heat through.
- Add any additional salt to taste, and serve with additional chopped parsley if desired.
- Calories: 486
- Fat: 24.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Protein: 33.8 g