- 1 pound ground turkey (can sub for ground pork or chicken)
- 2 cups diced sweet potato (with or without skin)
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a large cast iron pan. Add minced garlic and diced sweet potato once hot. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until they begin to brown but not cook through
- Add the ground turkey and all spices and brown turkey for about 5 minutes
- When turkey is cooked halfway through, add in green pepper and onion. Stir to combine and cook an additional 5-7 minutes until green pepper and onion are fork tender (or done to your liking)
- Taste and add any additional spices and seasonings. Remove from heat and enjoy!
Turkey can release a lot of liquid when cooked. If this happens, simply move pan over to the sink and drain excess water from the pan and return to the stove before adding the green pepper and onion in step 3.