- 1.5 pound salmon filet, or 4–5 individual portions
- 1/2 cup orange juice, or juice from 1-2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons honey (omit for Whole30)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- Optional additional orange and/or cilantro to garnish
- Soak cedar plank in water 30 minutes prior to grilling. Heat grill to 500 degrees
- Combine orange juice, ghee, coconut aminos, honey (omit for Whole30), garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl
- With a meat brush (basting brush), brush mixture onto the salmon and let marinade while the cedar plank is soaking. Save the remainder of the glaze
- Once cedar plank has soaked and grill is heated, place cedar plank on the grill until there is a faint smell of smoke, about 3-4 minutes. Place salmon on the cedar plank, brush with glaze again, top with additional orange slices and cover the grill
- Let cook for 10 minutes. Have the remaining glaze, basting brush and spray bottle with water handy near the grill.
- After 10 minutes, open the grill, brush with remaining glaze. Wet the cedar plank if needed (you can tell if the wood is dry or wet), and cover. Cook for another 15 minutes or until the internal temp of the salmon reaches 130 degrees F.