- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon pasture raised animal cooking fat – lard or tallow (omit if you don’t have it, substitute for ghee)
- 4 cups golden Yukon potatoes (or baby reds) diced in approximately the same size for even cooking time
- 3/4 cup diced white onion (about 1 small/medium onion)
- 1/2 package of Pederson’s Farm’s no-sugar bacon (5–6 ounces), chopped
- 4–6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat large oven safe skillet on medium-high heat and melt ghee and tallow. Once cooking fat is hot, add diced potatoes, season with the spices, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once potatoes have started to soften, add diced onion and cook for another 5-10 minutes until potaotes start browning.
- Add bacon and stir for about 5 minutes until bacon is about cooked thoroughly and potatoes are crisping up. Use the spatula or spoon to make open space in the skillet (create wells) for where the eggs will go.
- Crack 1 egg into each well, ensuring to not move eggs/yolk around after they’ve been placed into the skillet. Sprinkle additional salt, pepper or parsley over eggs and place skillet into the oven.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes, depending on how you prefer your eggs to be cooked
- Remove from oven, top with any additional salt and pepper, parsley, optional green onion or hot sauce
- Double the bacon (full package) if feeding a large crowd
- Add additional eggs for more servings
- Alternative ways to cook the eggs- in the skillet without transferring to oven, scrambling in the skillet without transferring to the oven, or in a separate skillet while the potatoes and bacon cooks.
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Protein: 10