- 2 lb boneless turkey breast
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Combine the ghee and spices in a small bowl or dish to make a seasoned “butter” paste
- Using your hands, rub the ghee spice mixture all over the turkey breast so the entire breast is covered
- Heat your smoker to 225 degrees F. and place the turkey breast into the smoker and place the thermometer into the thickest part of the turkey breast
- Smoke for an hour and a half (45 minutes per pound), or until the meat thermometer reaches 162 degrees F.
- Remove from the smoker, tent with foil or another plate and let rest 10-15 minutes before slicing to lock in the juices
- Optional: you can baste the turkey breast halfway through smoking with melted ghee, or spritz with apple juice in a spray bottle
- You can use a bone in turkey breast with this method, but you’ll want to double the ghee and spices for a 4 pound bone-in turkey breast, and triple them for a 6 pound turkey breast.