- 12 chicken legs
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- Ensure the smoker grates are clean and preheat smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Pat chicken legs dry with clean paper towel.
- Combine dry rub ingredients in small bowl.
- Lightly coat the chicken legs in oil.
- Cover chicken legs in dry rub mix, ensuring you get it into every nook and cranny.
- Place chicken legs on smoker and close lid. Let them smoke for approximately 1 hour or until chicken legs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from smoker and let rest 5 minutes.
Optional for crispier skin:
- Remove chicken legs from smoker and turn heat up to 500 degrees.
- Place chicken back on the smoker, searing each side for 1-2 minutes. Keep rotating until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Serving Size: 2 drumsticks
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 8.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 39.3 g