For the Chicken:
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces
- 2.5 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar OR 4 pitted and blended Medjool dates if doing Whole30
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp apple juice (100% juice, no added sugar)
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dice chicken and then sprinkle the arrowroot, salt and pepper over the chicken. Use your hands to toss together to evenly coat the chicken with the arrowroot.
- Add the chicken into the slow cooker.
- Mix the sauce together in a small bowl and then pour over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 6-7 hours.
- Once done, add an additional 1-2 tsp arrowroot if you’d like the sauce any thicker. Garnish with green onion or sesame seeds if you’d like, and serve!
- If using pitted dates, blend them with 3 tbsp hot water to create a paste to replace the coconut sugar