- 3–4 lbs red potatoes (can use russet potatoes instead), peeled or unpeeled
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (more, or less, to taste)
- Add the potatoes and the bone broth into the slow cooker and cover
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 2-3 hours
- Once done, add in the remaining ingredients and use an immersion blender or potato masher to mash them until they are a creamy consistency. You could leave them chunky if you wish, but otherwise just continue until they are almost a whipped like texture
- Serve with gravy, or any potato toppings like chives, bacon bits, or additional ghee
- This is a basic recipe for slow cooker mashed potatoes – add in any additional dried spices such as rosemary, thyme, or onion powder.
- When mashing, add a bit more almond milk if you’re finding them too dry to mash into a creamy consistency. Only add a few tablespoons at a time.
- This recipe is easily doubled, but the amounts of liquid may need to be adjusted so add the doubled amounts slowly as you’re mashing.