- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 cups diced russet potatoes, divided
- 3 cups beef broth (can sub chicken broth)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast (or 1/2 cup for a more “cheesy” flavor)
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups almond milk
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and add the garlic powder. Once it’s browned, drain the grease well. Return it to the skillet and mix the mustard into the cooked ground beef.
- Add the diced tomatoes, diced onion, chopped pickles, diced celery, 1.5 cups of the diced potatoes, broth, nutritional yeast, parsley, salt and pepper into the slow cooker and then add the ground beef. Stir to combine and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.
- While it’s cooking, store the remaining 1.5 cups of diced potato in a bowl with the 1 cup of water in the refrigerator.
- 30 minutes prior to serving, remove the diced potato and water bowl from the fridge and microwave for for 6 minutes, or until the diced potato chunks are fork tender. Remove from the microwave and either use an immersion blender to blend in the bowl, or pour them into a regular blender/food processor. Add the almond milk to the bowl or blender and blend until thick and smooth which creates a creamy base for the soup. Lastly, pour this into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add any additional salt and pepper to taste and serve with shredded lettuce or green onion topping.
Find it online: https://www.wholekitchensink.com/slow-cooker-cheeseburger-soup/