- 2.5–3 lb. beef chuck roast
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 cup sliced or diced white mushrooms
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced white onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour dissolved in 1 tbsp water for thickening
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Place the roast in the slow cooker, and then add in all of the ingredients except arrowroot flour. Mix everything together, just enough to distribute the ingredients around.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. The beef will shred easily with two forks when it’s finished.
- Optional: To thicken, combine the arrowroot and water in a small bowl and stir until the arrowroot is dissolved. Pour into the sauce and stir to thicken.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower for Whole30, or GF noodles.
- You can use 100% cranberry juice in place of pomegranate juice if that’s not accessible, but don’t skip this! It really adds such an incredible flavor!