- Add all ingredients into your slow cooker except for the arrowroot and broccoli
- Stir well to combine and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours
- Once the beef is done, pour in the arrowroot that’s been dissolved in the water. Stir to combine in with the sauce and then add in the broccoli and stir to combine
- Cover with the lid again, turn down to low if it isn’t on it already, and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken and the broccoli to soften. If you want your broccoli softer than fork tender, you may need to leave it in for a few more minutes
- You can sear the steak strips in a hot skillet over medium heat with a bit of olive or avocado oil for about 2 minutes per side before adding it to the slow cooker. This is an optional step but it does help the beef hold together will and adds an additional depth of flavor.
- You may need to add more arrowroot flour depending on how much broccoli you used and if it releases more excess liquid (using frozen broccoli would do this as well). Simply add in a bit more until the sauce is the thickness you desire. When using arrowroot, if a sauce ever gets too thick, you can thin it again by adding a bit more water.
- The beef may cook more quickly if it was very thinly sliced
- Calories: 314
- Fat: 14.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.1 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 22.1 g