- 4 roma tomatoes, or 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 3 habaneros, stems removed (2 habaneros for a less spicy salsa)
- 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 2 mangos, ripe, peeled and pits removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1.5 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the tomatoes, habaneros and onion onto a baking sheet and toss to coat with the oil
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and roast for 25 minutes
- Add the roasted vegetables, mangos, cilantro, lime juice, salt and garlic powder into a high-powered food processor and blend until smooth
- Chill for a few hours to cool before serving
- If using beefsteak tomatoes, pull the white stem part out of the tomatoes before roasting.
- Habaneros: I typically roast 3 habaneros and only blend in 2 to start. I recommend starting with 1-2 habaneros and adding the rest to taste. You can always make the salsa spicier.
- Optional: when roasting the vegetables, you can broil for 2 minutes at the end to get more of a char on the vegetables.
- Calories: 38
- Sodium: 3 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g