- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (omit if you don’t want any spice)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb golden potatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
- 3 cups kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- Put the instant pot on sauté mode and once it’s hot, add the bacon and cook. Once done, transfer from the instant pot to a cutting board. Then add in the ground sausage and brown. Once browned, drain the grease from the instant pot.
- Add the minced garlic and diced onion and sauté for about 2-3 minutes until garlic is fragrant and onion is translucent. Press cancel to take the instant pot off of sauté mode. Chop the bacon and then add bacon and sausage back into the instant pot, along with all of the remaining ingredients except for the kale.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and make sure to seal the pressure release valve. Cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Once done, do a quick release and open the lid. Stir in the kale, add any additional salt and pepper and serve.
- Optional: reserve a few pieces of the chopped bacon for topping.