- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup 100% apple juice (no sugar added)
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey (substitute 3 pitted and blended medjool dates for Whole30)
- 2 tsp arrowroot flour dissolved in 1 tbsp water to thicken
- Add all of the ingredients (except for the arrowroot and water) into the instant pot and stir to incorporate the ingredients together, then add in the chicken.
- Close the lid, put the valve to sealing and set the instant pot to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once it’s finished, do a quick release and remove the chicken thighs, transferring to a cutting board.
- Add in the arrowroot water mixture and set the instant pot to “sauté”. Stir to mix in the arrowroot and let the sauce come to a simmer to thicken. While it’s thickening, shred the chicken thighs using two forks and add the shredded chicken back into the instant pot.
- Press “cancel” once it’s thickened, and serve. Garnish with sesame seeds or chopped green onions.
- To use dates in place of honey, blend the pitted dates with 3 tbsp very hot water to make a paste, and use that instead.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 11.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: .5 g
- Protein: 28.7 g