- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (can substitute chicken breasts)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk, full-fat
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1.5 tsp coriander
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Put the instant pot on saute mode and add the ghee into the pot. Once it’s melted and hot, add in the minced garlic, ginger and chopped onion. Cook for about 3 minutes until the onion has softened and the garlic and ginger is fragrant.
- Next, add the chicken thighs, drained diced tomatoes and coconut milk. Stir in the spices and lemon juice.
- Close the lid, set the valve to sealing and then cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Once finished, do a quick release. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken thighs to a cutting board.
- Use your immersion blender to blend the sauce in the instant pot until smooth. Chop the chicken thighs into bite size pieces and add them back into the instant pot. Stir to incorporate into the sauce.
- Serve over cauliflower rice, mashed cauliflower/potatoes
- This recipe is great with basmati rice if you’re not low carb, or eating paleo/Whole30