- Combine pepper, salt and celery seed into a gallon Ziploc bag. Add the brisket, shake and rub the spices into the meat. Add the liquid smoke and aminos and shake again. Seal and refrigerate for at least overnight, or up to 24 hours.
- Add the BBQ sauce and water into the instant pot. Add the brisket, fat cap side facing up.
- Spoon some of the BBQ sauce over the top, cover and set to manual high pressure for 50 minutes.
- Once finished, move the toggle to venting for a quick release. Open the lid, remove the brisket and either slice against the grain or shred with the grain.Serve with additional BBQ sauce, or thicken the liquid left in the instant pot by setting to saute and adding a slurry (2 tbsp arrowroot flour dissolved in 2 tbsp water). Whisk until the sauce is thickened and pour over the beef.
- Cook for 60 minutes for a 3 lb. brisket