- 1 cup diced or shredded cucumber, seeds scooped out and discarded from the inside before dicing or shredding
- 1.5 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons), plus 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- Dice or shred the cucumber.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Taste the sauce and add any additional garlic, salt or pepper to taste.
- Dice the cucumber larger for a chunkier tzatziki sauce with more of a crunch.
- Dice the cucumber more finely for a smoother sauce.
- Shred the cucumber for the smoothest tzatziki sauce.