- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in 1 cup water)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- Soak cashews on the counter overnight in water to soften, and then drain. If in a hurry, you can soak them for 1 hour in hot water to soften more quickly.
- Add all of the ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Add the sauce into a recipe, or pour into a jar/container and cover to store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can also use an immersion blender
- Add 1/4 cup water and blend again if you want a thinner sauce