- 4 pound chicken
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, or 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups quartered gold potatoes or red potatoes
- 2 cups halved Brussel sprouts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Butterfly chicken by removing backbone and then laying flat, breast side up. Put chicken onto a rimmed sheet pan and tuck in the wings under the bird so they don’t burn while baking.
- Place minced garlic onto a cutting board and mince even finer until you can use the flat edge of a knife to make into a chunky paste. Combine that in a small bowl with the ghee and the rest of the spices except lemon juice
- Rub mixture all over entire chicken and under the skin on breasts and thighs. Reserve 1-2 tablespoons of mixture and set aside.
- Bake chicken for 15 minutes and remove from the oven. Reduce the heat to 400 degrees F. and place potatoes around the chicken. Sprinkle the potatoes with a pinch of salt.
- With the remaining mixture, use a spoon to rub the rest onto the chicken and dab a bit on the potatoes. Return sheet pan to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Then, place the Brussels on the sheet pan and flip over the potatoes. Gently mix around the vegetables to allow the ghee mixture to lightly coat the Brussels. Squeeze the lemon juice over the Brussels and potatoes. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!