- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Avocado oil or olive oil spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Pat the chicken tenders dry and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs.
- In an additional shallow bowl, combine almond flour with all spices and baking powder.
- With each chicken tender, first dip into the egg wash and then transfer to the almond flour mixture and coat all sides.
- Place each chicken tender into the air fryer basket in a single layer (will require two rounds of cooking).
- Spray the top of the chicken tenders in the basket lightly with oil, and then set the timer for 12 minutes.
- Flip after 6 minutes and spray the other side lightly with the oil.
- While they’re cooking, continue coating the remaining tenders and then repeat once chicken tenders are finished in the air fryer. Serve with dipping sauce!
Oven instructions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat chicken with egg and flour mixture as instructed. Place on baking sheet with the tenders evenly spaced and then cook for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 26.8 g