- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon olive oil, or oil spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl combine the salt and spices with oil to create a paste. Coat chicken thighs with the paste.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook at 360-degrees for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the internal temperature reaches 165-degrees.
- For skin on chicken thighs, after the cook time is up, increase the temperature to 400 degrees and cook skin side up for an additional 5 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- Pat chicken thighs dry and lay on a flat surface such as a cutting board or plate
- In a small bowl, combine the spices together
- Drizzle or spray a light amount of oil onto the chicken thighs and rub into both sides of the thighs. Sprinkle half of the spice mixture over the thighs and rub into that side, flip them over and sprinkle the last half of the spices over the other side and rub in. Be sure to get the spices under the skin well
- Place the thighs into the air fryer basket or rack skin side down, and cook on 375 degrees F. for 12 minutes
- Flip the thighs over and cook skin side up for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees F.